Home Dish - Bak Kut Teh [ 肉骨茶 ]

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I guess most of you do try before of Bak Kut Tea?
(*if you like PORK)?
In Hokkien, we pronounce as Bak Kut Teh ( 肉骨茶),
It is a Chinese soup popularly served in Malaysia, Singapore, China, Taiwan and etc.
(where there is a predominant Hokkien and Teochew community).

It can be literally translates as "meat bone tea", and, at its simplest, consists of meaty pork ribs simmered in a complex broth of herbs and spices (including star anise, cinnamon, cloves, dang gui, fennel seeds and GARLIC) for hours.

However, additional ingredients may include varieties of mushroom, golden mushroom, Choy sum, and pieces of dried Tofu or fried tofu puffs.
Additional Chinese herbs may include yu zhu (rhizome of Solomon's Seal)
and ju zhi (buckthorn fruit), which give the soup a sweeter, slightly stronger flavor.
Besides, Light and dark soy sauce, or MSG/salt are also added to the soup during cooking, with varying amounts depending on the variant.
Finally, garnishing include chopped coriander or green onions and a sprinkling of fried shallots.

Well, I always eat BKT at my hometown and never cook by myself since 100++ plus of BKT restaurants available at Klang,so no point I cook for myself, right?
But now all of us at UK, so I decided to cook BKT (*1st time) for my lovely classmate them by using A1 ingredients.



Ingredients: Pork ribs, golden mushroom, and shiitake mushroom
Seasoning: A1 Bak kut tea spices, garlic, salt, sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, and MSG (if preferred.)


Ta-da. A bowl of BKT.


 Ice-berg as additional dish.

Finally, the result of preparation.

I could gave myself rate of 6.5/10
. 
Since I had used the pack of A1 bak kut teh, so possibility it's delicious for all of us, follow the instructions, then you could make a BKT with easy way by yourself.

DIY, you can make it better!



You Might Also Like

0 ♥ comments